Electrical Engineering (EE)
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree program aims to produce highly competitive graduates who can meet the technical manpower need of the country. The program provides a strong background in science, mathematics and application of basic theories in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical apparatus and systems used in the generation of electrical energy, and its transmission, distribution and utilization for various commercial and industrial purposes. The BSEE program trains its graduates to become Power and Design Engineer, Instrumentation and Control Engineer as well as Safety Engineer.
Objectives of the Program
Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex engineering problems.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety manufacturability, and sustainability in accordance with standards.
- The graduates of the program shall be able to:
- Function on multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams that establish goals, plan tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex electrical engineering problems;
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for additional knowledge and engage in life-long learning.
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the field of electrical engineering.
- Apply techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for electrical engineering practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and/or leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Awards and Recognition
The BS Electrical Engineering Program of Mariano Marcos State University has been awarded a Level III status by the Accrediting Agency of State Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACUP) Inc.
Engr. Rogelio U. Binala