Civil Engineering (CE)
CMO No. 92, Series of 2017
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Structural Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) is a four-year degree program which aims to train highly qualified graduates who would become professionals in all phases of civil engineering with emphasis on planning, design, consultation, preparation of plans, specifications and estimates, erection, management, and supervision of the construction of roads, bridges, highways, railroads, airports and hangars, port works, canals, rivers and shore improvements, lighthouses, dry docks, buildings, fixed structures for irrigation, flood protection, drainage, water supply, and sewerage works. Prepares the graduates to practice specializations such as Structural Engineering, and Construction Engineering and Management.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives of Mariano Marcos State University are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve within a few years of graduation.
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program will
- Exhibit technical expertise in the different specializations in Civil Engineering mindful of local and global needs and challenges.
- Be able to work effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams exemplifying the University’s graduate attributes.
- Engage in life-long learning to address changing needs of the profession and society.
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- solve complex civil engineering problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and sciences;
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- identify, formulate, and solve complex civil engineering problems;
- practice the civil engineering profession ethically and responsibly;
- communicate effectively civil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large;
- develop civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- engage in life-long learning and keep abreast with the developments in civil engineering;
- ascertain and appropriately act on contemporary issues.
- use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice;
- act as a member and leader of a team to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment by employing engineering and management principles;
- practice the civil engineering profession, specializing in Construction Engineering and Management/Structural Engineering.
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded Level III program by AACCUP
- 6th top performing school in December 2014 Civil Engineering Licensure Examination
- 4th top performing school in November 2013 Civil Engineering Licensure Examination
- 4th top performing school (with 10 or more examinees) in May 2005 Civil Engineering Licensure Examination
Board Examination Topnotchers
- Nolan Concha – 6th place
- Essen Djan Alonzo – 4th place
- Jeremiah Calija – 8th place
- Rommel Buduan – 6th place
- Frederick Ganotisi – 18th place